GO for energy! Generate your own power with a Solar PV system
Sun, sun, sun…
On average, Perth gets more sunshine than any other city in Australia. We get about 8.8 hours of sunlight each day, compared to Melbourne with just 6. We all know that’s good for our health and wellbeing (everyone feels better when the sun’s shining!) – but the sun is a massive source of energy. So why waste the rays? With a solar PV system on your roof, you can turn all that glorious sunshine into free energy to power your home, which means you are less reliant on the expensive, traditional (coal-fired) energy grid. Aside from the obvious financial benefits, a solar PV system will add value to your home, and help reduce your carbon footprint, so you live cleaner and greener. Now that’s something to smile about!
Three great reasons to switch to solar:
Cheaper electricity bills
The key reason that most households convert their power source to solar energy is to cut down their electrical bill because the power generated from the sun is free.
It is a renewable energy source
Typical electricity is generated from fossil fuel (i.e. coal) that will run out one day – it’s just not sustainable. Solar energy is a good alternative to replace fossil fuel as the major energy source, because solar power is renewable – the sun’s energy is infinite and free!
Any effort that reduces the amount of pollution going into the atmosphere helps save the environment. Solar panels are able to harness the energy from the sun and convert it to electricity, as opposed to carbon-heavy coalmines that create pollution and damage the earth. Solar energy is energy for the future!
How much money can you save?
Power charges are set to rise. And rise! And rise. The sooner you can switch off the coal-powered energy grid, the sooner you can start to save. We’ve worked out that in one year, you could potentially save $1,338. That’s $6,690 in five years, and in ten years, a massive $13,380*. Close your eyes for a moment, and think what you could do with that money!
9 things you may not know about solar energy:
- Solar energy is simply energy from the sunlight. Solar PV panels do not capture the heat of the sun – they capture sunlight.
- Solar power can reduce your electricity bills as you are generating your own power.
- Solar power is an easy and practical way to reduce your household’s greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to a better environment.
- By feeding surplus solar electricity back to the grid, you can gain credits from your electricity provider and reduce your annual electricity bills.
- Solar power systems can add value to your home.
- Australia is the world leader in solar power for households. Almost 15% of Australian households have adopted solar PV technology to power their homes.
- One in five homes in Western Australia has solar panels – an increase of 20% in the past year.
- Australia enjoys high sunshine hours, and Perth is the sunniest of all major Australian cities, with 3,200 hours of sunshine every year.
- Government incentives can help you save thousands of dollars over the lifetime of your solar power system.
GO for solar with GO Homes
Your solar PV system will provide up to 50% of your family’s new home power for free, using the sun’s unlimited energy!*
Plus, it will add value to your home, which is a huge advantage when it comes time to sell. It also future-proofs your home, meaning it protects you from future rises in traditional energy costs. Free energy from the sun, forever!
- Up to a 3.7kW solar PV installed
- High efficiency 3000watt solar inverter with 5-year warranty
- Premium Tier 1 solar panels with a 25-year performance warranty and 10 year product warranty
- Battery expandable system – ready to meet your future energy demands
- Installed by MySolar – 100% West Australian owned company
Why is going solar so important?
With around 50% of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions coming from our stationary energy sector, which includes electricity derived from coal-fired power, going solar seems like a simple choice.
Climate change is something we need to take responsibility for now so that our future generations aren’t left to deal with an even greater problem down the track.
Luckily, small changes can make a big difference and won’t leave you out of pocket. Thanks to various State and Federal Government schemes and incentives, households switching to solar power are being rewarded. In fact, for everyday homes, a well-designed, well-installed system can deliver a considerable return on investment.
Saving money isn’t the only reason to switch. Solar is also an important and easily accessible source of clean, green, renewable and environmentally-friendly energy. And that’s good for everyone!
Which solar company will GO Homes use to install my system?
Every Go Homes solar system is installed by 100% West Australian owned company, MySolar. MySolar uses a team of highly qualified electrical engineers and installers all of whom are certified and accredited by the Clean Energy Council of Australia (formally known as BCSE). You can rest assured knowing that your MySolar Solar Power System has been individually designed and approved under Australian Standard 4509 and installed under the safety regulations stipulated by the Clean Energy Council and AS5033.
*As projected by the Sustainable Energy Association of Australia in their publication ‘Your 6-Star Guide to building an energy efficient home’ (2011), in comparison to a 4 or 5 star home. This publication is presently referred to by the Building Commission (WA) and Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (WA). Also see http://www.vba.vic.gov.au. Images for illustrative purposes only. Builder’s Registration No. 9769.